Risk ratings are awarded on a seven-point scale, as shown below.
- The Aon Political Risk Map measures political risk in 163 locations and territories.
- Risk ratings are standardised across each location, on a seven-point scale ranging from low to very high, with all risks updated once per quarter.
- Location ratings reflect a combination of analysis by Aon Risk Solutions and Continuum Economics –a global macroeconomic analysis and advisory firm.
- European Union and Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development member countries are not rated on the map.
- Continuum Economics (formerly Roubini Global Economics) is the international market-leading service for independent economic research powered by 4Cast and Roubini Global Economics.
- Its research combines expert insight with systematic analysis to translate economic, market and policy signals into actionable intelligence for a wide range of financial, corporate and policy professionals.
- This holistic approach uncovers opportunities and risks before they come to the attention of markets, helping clients arrive at better decisions in a timelier manner.
- Continuum Economics’ quantitative approach allows CE and its partners to track changes in countries systematically, providing for more meaningful cross-location comparisons, and most importantly allows each political risk to be decomposed to the various elements that drive that risk.
Figure 2 Seven-point scale